- Promoting BYOSD parents on open evening
- Habits of Mind: Using the habits in our practice
- Pride: The AJHS motto to be
- Read-2-Succeed: aimed at improving the use of novels in our reading programme at year 8 to transition into year 9
1. In my classroom, I will be running two activities to promote the use of smart devices in my classroom. Firstly, students will read text aligned to the integrated focus for term 3 (One Class, Many Cultures) and then respond to the text using collaborative, online commenting via Google Sites. Not sure of the activity that will be used yet.
2. I will attempt to modify the delivery of my verbal instructions/prompts to utilise habits of mind in dialogue with students.
3. PRIDE: Whanau groups worked to develop a simple acrostic using the word PRIDE. This will become the focus for AJHS citizens.
4. Read-2-Succeed: I will be doing a novel study starting this term, focusing on one novel. Not quite sure what yet.